Application Information and Online Form
Background and Purpose
The League of NH Craftsmen promotes arts and crafts in the state by providing opportunities for craft education and exhibitions. The purpose of Craft Education Program Enhancement Grants is to provide supplementary financial assistance to locally raised funds to initiate, improve, or extend craft education programs. Requests for funding up to fifty percent of the total cost of the project will be considered.
The application process is competitive and seeks to discover unique opportunities that may be replicated in other communities. To conserve community resources, the League encourages cooperation and collaboration between local craft councils, community groups and craft guilds.
Eligibility for Funding
Any organization engaged in conducting craft-related education activities may apply for a Craft Education Program Enhancement Grant. Such organizations may include local craft councils, craft guilds, and community-based nonprofit arts organizations.
Examples of Eligible Projects:
- Advanced level instruction in craft technique or craft business management
- One-time grant for local craft education programs in start-up
- One-time grant for local craft education staff
- Cooperative programming with other community organizations, craft guilds, and/or arts organizations
- Programs focusing on new technology
- One-time visiting speaker (historian, appreciator, craft master, teacher, etc.)
- Fees for craftspeople (may include teaching support, travel, and related costs)
- Purchase, rental, or repair of craft education-related equipment
- Capital improvements of facilities used for craft related education activities
Examples of Ineligible Projects:
- Basic real estate and building maintenance costs
- Awards, gallery openings, or receptions for events
- Commercial ventures
- Last year’s program
Applications sent via certified mail must be postmarked on or before January 31. Hand delivered applications must be in the League Office before 4 p.m. January 31. Awards will be mailed March 15.
Award of Grants
The League will contract with local craft councils, craft guilds, and community-based arts organizations to implement the Craft Education Program Enhancement Project. Grant funds may be matched via co-sponsored programs such as: Adult Education Centers, Local Museums, Cultural Centers, Area Arts Councils, or School Departments.
Funding Notice Requirements
All publicity and promotional materials related to League funded programs are required to use the following notice: “This program has been funded in part by the League of NH Craftsmen, Inc.”
At the end of the grant period unexpended League-granted funds or funds spent on a non-related purpose must be returned to the League. If an organization fails to comply, the League will not consider another grant request for five years.
At the conclusion of the project, the organization shall submit a Final Report containing:
- the completed “Project Evaluation Report Form”
- a brief narrative summary of activities
- a Financial Report
- copies of written materials, photographs, promotions, advertisements, and all support materials
The LNHC will not consider another request for five years from organizations who fail to comply.
How to Apply for Funds
Complete the online form below.
Application Form - Craft Education Program Enhancement Grant
Please fill out the following form and provide all requested attachments. Review all of the requirements including any attachments prior to beginning to fill out this form to be sure you have all of the necessary information.
After you submit this form, you will receive, by email, a confirmation of your submission and a copy of your submission including attachments. You must provide the appropriate email address in the "Your Email Address" field below in order to receive your email submission confirmation.