Return to All Juried Members

Barbara Poole

Juried Member Since 2018

I create one of a kind and limited production felted art to wear. The work begins with merino wool. Other textiles, are used, mostly silks about 40% of the silks are from deconstructed garments with the other 60% being new silks that have sometimes been dyed or hand printed or commercially printed. The work is created seamlessly; no sewing except as a means the garment before the felting process begins. Through experimentation and noting the variable shrink rates for the combination of wool and various textiles, I create garments that are beautiful and well fitted. Multiple felting techniques are used including: wet, seamless, needle felting, variable shrink, 3-D resists and laminate method